Client Terms and Agreement
Dear New Client:
I am excited to work with you!
Let's get started by going over our roles as coach and client, and have you commit to honoring these roles at the bottom of the page.
The Co-Creative Relationship
The relationship between a coach and a client is co-creative, meaning that we are equals. I am not a therapist, counselor or consultant. I am a trained coach using honed communication skills to support you as a thinking partner. Together we create more power for you to effect meaningful change and take dynamic actions towards your goals.
• Please take time before each session to determine what you’d like to take away from the session. This is called the “Client Agenda”. Please email me your agenda and any relevant background information 24 hours prior to each session.
• Treat our coaching as the valuable investment that it is. Protect your investment by showing up to every session on time and setting an intention to be centred, ready to engage and take meaningful actions.
• Give me feedback in the moment about your coaching experience.
• I will listen closely to you, respond to what I hear and ask questions. If I hear something in your voice or language that sparks an intuitive thought, I’m likely to ask you about it. Often, it is the small moments that bring about big shifts. If I’m not on target, just tell me. I’m not attached to being right.
• At the end of the session, if you do not set specific actions you are ready to take, I may make a coach request. I ask clients to stretch themselves, deepen the work done in the sessions by writing, taking some action, resolving relationships or things that feel incomplete. You are always free to negotiate, accept or decline.
• Between sessions, if you have questions, a brief update, or want to bounce some ideas around, please contact me by email. If it seems best, I may suggest a brief phone call or to add that as an agenda item for our next session.
Ways You Can Get More From Your Coaching Experience
• Make our coaching sessions a priority. Come to every call with a specific agenda.
• Complete what you agree to do in between sessions. Integrate what you learn.
• Be open-minded. Try new approaches. Experiment.
• Be willing to change your beliefs and patterns if they do not serve you anymore.
• I accept payment via all major credit cards and e-wallets.
• We will meet weekly for 50-minute sessions, for a monthly retainer of US$495.
• Please budget for this investment.
• Payment must be made before the first session of every month. I do not accept late payments. Please make certain that funds are available.
• Please connect to me on Zoom via the link provided in your appointment confirmation email.
• If you do not call in within 15 minutes of your scheduled session time, the session will be lost.
Schedule Changes/Vacation/Business Trips
• We will set a mutually agreed upon time for our sessions.
• Please give our call high priority and arrange your schedule to honor our agreed upon time.
• I require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to reschedule a call. In any case, if you must miss a call, let me know as soon as you are able. If something must change temporarily or permanently, I’ll offer other times, if available.
• If you forget a session or do not call in, that session will be counted as a completed session under our agreement and will not be rescheduled. However, I will consider emergency situations case-by-case.
• If you have planned vacations or business trips that will conflict with our sessions, please notify me of these as soon as you have an itinerary and we will discuss when to reschedule. I will do the same with you when I plan trips.
First Session Preparation
• Prior to our first session, please read and submit your agreement to these Welcome Packet documents.
• Also, complete the Pre-Session Reflection and Agenda. Keep the link for this form saved for future sessions.
I look forward to working together!